You may be aware that the UK Government has announced an increase in Duty to be implemented in August 2023.
As soon as we know how our prices will fluctuate, they will be available to view both on our website pop up and in our downloadable pdf, located in the Downloads section.
The following information was posted on www.gov.uk and is a generalised summary for the most common forms of purchased liquid.
These measures may have an indirect impact on individuals who consume alcoholic products, if the changes on duty rates are passed onto individuals through higher or lower prices for these products. There could also be a difference in impact on individuals who consume draught alcohol in pubs and hospitality venues.
NOTE THAT SOME ITEMS WILL HAVE REDUCTION IN DUTY
Summary of the changes:
- Beer – an increase in the headline duty rate for products with an ABV above 3.4% results in an increase in the cost of packaged beer. Draught beer with an ABV above 3.4% remains at the same rate due to the newly introduced draught duty relief. Beers with an ABV of 3.4% and below will be subject to a reduced rate for both draught and packaged products.
- Cider – a change in duty rate results in a small price decrease in some draught cider and an increase in packaged cider.
- Fruit Cider– a change in duty rate results in a decrease for draught but a small increase for most packaged products.
- Still Wine– an increased duty rate for 11.5-14.5% ABV products results in +44p per 75cl bottle.
- Sparkling Wine– a decreased duty rate for 11.5-14.5% ABV products results in -19p per 75cl bottle.
- Spirits– new progressive duty rates increase the duty for products with an ABV above 22.1%. Typical changes for 37.5% ABV products +76p per 70cl bottle, and 40% ABV products +81p per 70cl bottle.
Individuals who drink stronger alcoholic products may pay more through the revised duty structure.
Individuals who drink draught products in on-trade venues (such as pubs) will pay less tax than on the equivalent non-draught product in off-trade venues (such as supermarkets).
These measures are not expected to impact on family formation, stability or breakdown.
If you have any questions or need anymore information at all, please contact your account manager for further details. Please be aware that we will endeavour to lessen the impact of these changes wherever possible in an effort to keep our prices keen and our customers as happy as possible.
Thank you very much,
The Baby Bottles Wholesale Team.